If your dog (or cat) likes chicken, they’ll love these tasty healthy treats. Easy to make and easy to store.
- Chicken breast fillets (without skin)
- Preheat the oven to 100oC (or 210oF).
- Put some baking parchment on a baking tray, or (even better) use a baking rack.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and remove any fat or skin.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips (5 mm or half an inch thick). Slicing against the grain makes the jerky chewier. It’s easier to slice the chicken when it’s slightly frozen.
- Place the strips on the baking tray/rack without overlapping.
- Cook for about 1.5 hours to 2 hours until the strips are firm and dry. If they are still spongy when you check them, keep baking them.
- Once cooked, remove from baking tray/rack and cool on a wire rack.
- Keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.