This simple dog treat contains just one ingredient – liver! Perfect for taking out on walks, using for training rewards and hiding in Kongs.
It’s not pretty and you might not like the smell while it’s cooking, but your dog will not care – he or she will go nuts for this tasty and healthy dog treat. Your cat will probably like them too!
- Some liver (any will do and can be from butcher or in a packet from supermarket)
- Preheat oven to 100oC (or 210oF).
- Wash the liver to remove the blood.
- Place onto a baking tray covered with baking parchment to stop the liver sticking.
- Pop into the over for between 1 and 1.5 hours to allow the liver to cook and dry out – it wants to be firm outside and slightly spongy in the middle.
- Remove from the baking tray and leave on a rack to cool and dry out.
- Once cool, cut up into little pieces – use scissors to cut up, it’s much easier!
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Freeze them – simply defrost thoroughly before using.